Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Diva Challenge 145

Zentangle creators, Rick and Maria, released a new tangle pattern this past week called Quib. It is a lovely, ribbony pattern that is worked behind, similar to Hollibaugh.  As soon as I saw Quib, my brain went crazy coming up with ideas for the pattern - I have several variations I'll be working on.

Naturally, this week's Diva Challenge is to use Quib in our piece.  I worked on this yesterday afternoon and then in slow periods at work.  I may do a second entry for this challenge since I'm done early for a change and I really want to keep playing with Quib.

I became a bit ambitious in the piece I did, as I also added a couple of patterns I've never tried before, so I was attempting three new patterns: Quib, Dragonair, and Fricle.  I did mess up the Dragonair because I was doing it by memory.  Not a good idea for me.  Luckily, it still came out looking okay, I think.  The little swirly things in the upper left of the piece were fun.  I didn't go by a pattern, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out it is a named pattern somewhere.

If you haven't tried Quib yet, you can find it on TanglePatterns.




7 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/19/2013

    Nicely done, and i Love the lovely delicate color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Quib is so pretty with the pastel coloring. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful with lovely soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i love the color addition! and those tipple and perfs are awesome with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. Like the array of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely soft colors.

    ReplyDelete