Thursday, November 21, 2013

Diva Challenge 145 - Part II

Last night, I was working with a Zendala template from Erin over at The Bright Owl blog.  I've finally reached the point where I am not using the templates straight up, but instead using them as my string.  Before, I used to just fill in the template with tangles and never changed anything.  This time, I traced it onto my paper to use as the string or inspiration for the piece instead.

The first thing that came to mind was to use the Quib behind the circular element of the Zendala.  I actually did the Quib before doing anything else.  I should have taken a picture at that point, because it was quite unusual looking.

I have not shaded this piece at all as I like the way it looks.  As I'm starting to do, though, I will print a couple of copies to play with shading or color.

I don't often have two offerings for the weekly challenge, so I had to post this.


5 comments:

  1. I really love this, Tina - particularly like how the chains are holding the web out nice and taut! Lovely Quib too. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat mooi zo in de zendala..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quib is beautiful in this zendala. I would like to she the shaded one later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Lots to look at and enjoy! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - Love everything about this piece - yum!

    ReplyDelete