Thursday, October 10, 2013

Tangle Play

As I continue to experiment and learn new patterns, I have pieces that I like and pieces that I don't.  I guess that's to be expected.  Most of the time, I seem to like my work when it's planned, rather than when I just start tangling.  Since that rather defeats the true purpose of tangling, I'm going to continue to work on letting myself go with the flow.

This first one was a true Zentangle, although slightly larger than an official tile.  Of course, I just had to add color to it, but I think I liked it better without the color this time.  I'll have to start saving pieces before I add color, like I've seen other people do.


This next one was done in true Zentangle fashion - starting with a string and just going with the flow.  I used a brown pen, instead of black, mainly because I only have the one black Micron and I don't want it to run out before I get a chance to obtain more.


So far, my go-to tangles have been Onamato, Bales and Paradox.  I wonder if that will hold true as I learn more patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment